WELCOME TO THE PSHS GUIDANCE PAGE....
The mission of the Guidance Department at Poplar Springs High School is to support the academic, emotional, social, personal and college/career growth of all students. The counselor helps each student understand and fulfill his/her potential for being a skillful learner and responsible, productive member of our school and community. Feel free to explore the links below for information to help further the completion of your goals.
Contact the Counselor:
Mrs. Alice Simmons
COLLEGE / CAREER GROWTH
New Scholarship Applications will be added to the Guidance Webpage throughout the year as they become available. The majority of local applications become available each April. Please check back frequently or as often as you are prompted through "Remind" to access new applications. Students and parents who are unable to print the application forms from this site are encouraged to visit the scholarship kiosk outside the PSHS Guidance Office to obtain a copy of the forms.
More than 150 scholarships are listed on this site. Please read the information carefully and follow the specific directions for each scholarship (or list of scholarships). The scholarships have different criteria and varying application deadlines.
- Scholarships awarded through Community Organizations to Attend Chipola College (98 Scholarships Listed) (Due Dates Vary - See Attached Packet) - scholarship list outside 2019.pdf (355.4 KBs)
- Community South Scholarship (Due 04/11/19) - The Community South Scholarship Program was created to invest in the future of our members and in the communities they call home. For 2019, four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors. Community South Scholarship Information & Application_1553478602.pdf (245.9 KBs)
- HOLMES COUNTY REPUBLICAN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE Ronald Reagan Scholarship (Due 04/15/19) - HOLMES COUNTY REPUBLICAN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.docx (15.9 KBs)
- Olan P Johnson Memorial Scholarship (for PSHS Senior) - (Due 04/19/19) - Partial tuition scholarship available to a current Poplar Springs graduate, must be of good moral character, maintain a 2.0 GPA at Chipola and follow standard college requirements. APPLY TO POPLAR SPRINGS GUIDANCE COUNSELOR BY APRIL 19, 2019. Olan-P-Johnson-Memorial-Scholarship Application.pdf (78.9 KBs)
- Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship (Due 04/30/19) - National Scholarship- Scholarship Value: $5,000 Awards Available: 3 Award Deadline: April 30, 2019 Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship Program.docx (13.3 KBs)
- Florida Panhandle Technical College Foundation Scholarship (Due 05/01/19) - FPTC Foundation Scholarship Application-1.pdf (287.6 KBs)
- Kim Miller Cosmetology Scholarship (Due 05/01/19) - Available for use at Florida Panhandle Technical College FPTC_Kim_Miller_Cosmetology_Scholarship.pdf (476.3 KBs)
- The The Paradigm Challenge Scholarship (Due 05/01/19) - National Scholarship- Scholarship Value: $100,000 Awards Available: 100 Award Deadline: May 1, 2019 The Paradigm Challenge.docx (13.2 KBs)
- Joe Bill Galloway Memorial Scholarship (Due 05/03/2019) - This one-time $1,000 scholarship is given each year to honor the memory of Holmes County Sheriff’s Office Reserve Deputy Joe Bill Galloway. To be eligible, applicants must be a graduating senior at Poplar Springs School and also seeking a career in law enforcement (including corrections or game warden) or as an emergency responder (paramedic, EMT, firefighter, etc.) Award check will be made payable to a college of the recipient’s choice. APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 3, 2019. Applications may be dropped off or mailed to: HOLMES COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE 211 N. OKLAHOMA STREET BONIFAY, FLORIDA 32425 GALLOWAY SCHOLARSHIP.pdf (217.0 KBs)
- Brooks Law Group Scholarship (Due 05/03/19) - Brooks Law Group Spring 2019 Scholarship.docx (83.5 KBs)
- Holmes County Teachers' Association Scholarship (Due 05/10/19) - See application and guidelines attached. The scholarship will be awarded to a child of an HCTA member who has been in the association for at least one full year. HCTA scholarship 2019.doc (34.0 KBs)
- Chipola College Foundation Scholarships- 45 Scholarships Listed (Due: 06/05/19) - Submit ONE application to apply for ALL foundation scholarships scholarship list to foundation revised 2019.pdf (217.2 KBs)
- McLendon Educational Trust Scholarship - Chipola College (Due 06/05/19) - Mclendon Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 revised february 2019.pdf (318.5 KBs)
- Florida Peanut Producers Association (Due 07/01/19) - The Florida Peanut Producers Association is pleased to announce the opening of their 2019 Scholarship Award Program, effective April, 2019. Two $1,200 scholarships will be awarded to deserving high school seniors and/or college students. The applicant or someone in the applicant’s family must be an actively producing peanut grower, not necessarily a member of the FPPA. Each winner will receive $600 when the scholarship winners are announced. The remaining $600 will be awarded after the completion of one semester and documentation of passing grades is submitted to the FPPA Office. 2019-FL-Peanut Producers Scholarship-Award-Application..pdf (1.2 MBs)
- Personal Achievement College Scholarship (Due 07/26/19) - National Scholarship- Scholarship Value: $15,000 Awards Available: 3 Award Deadline: July 26, 2019 Personal Achievement College Scholarship.docx (13.4 KBs)
- NBC Universal Media Scholarship (Due 10/22/19) - National Scholarship- Scholarship Value: $5,000 Awards Available: 10 Award Deadline: October 22, 2019 (Deadline Estimated) NBCUniversal Media Scholarship.docx (13.5 KBs)